Frugal Summer Upkeep
In the summer, there’s a lot of personal upkeep that goes on like pedicures, bikini waxes and summer workout bootcamps. How do we keep up with all of this stuff without breaking the bank?
- You can get your pedicure done at a fancy place that offers cocktails and bedazzled pedicures or you can get a pedicure at a cheap place down the street for half the price
- I actually make it a rule that I don’t go with friends to get my nails or hair done – I know their choices will be more expensive than mine
- I keep my upkeep stuff to myself. I have my go-to places that I know I can afford
- Find your service providers and stick to them
- There are some exceptions like going for massages with with your mom, but only on special occasions
- For the gym, it seems like every other day I’m getting invited to a $300 bootcamp series – in my opinion, these are always bad decisions if they aren’t part of your original workout program and budget….and nine times out of 10, specialty classes are out of our price brackets
- With any summer upkeep, stick to the OFP – your Own Financial Program
More tips on being frugal while being social on this week’s episode of The Social.