Goodbye Costly Cable TV, Hello Savings – Week 9
For its ninth challenge, Metro’s Small Changes, Big Win series gets you to save by cancelling your cable television subscription.
Small changes to the way you spend can add up. We’ve pulled together weekly tips that will add a minimum of $10 to your savings. Ready to watch your money grow? Check out this week’s tip.
Week 9: Cut your cable
How It Works: According to data collected by the CRTC, the average Canadian cable subscriber is spending just over $66 per month on cable television. Though the number of subscriptions is starting to decrease because of streaming services like Netflix, the monthly costs for cable services are actually increasing. The benefits of cutting your subscription are financially huge compared to the costs of your favourite streaming service, which averages $15 per month or less.
Take Action: For this week’s tip we want you to cut your cable and sign up for your favourite streaming service instead. Then eTransfer $50 into your saving.
Team Player: If you’re a sports fan, this tip could be hard to swallow. So, you’ll want to consider signing up for a reliable sports app on your mobile device or making friends with a neighbour who has all the sports channels.
Published by Metro News January 28, 2018.
- Perk Up to Big Savings by Changing Your Morning Habit – Week 1
- This Year, Restrict Holiday Drinks to Half-price Happy Hour – Week 2
- Save and Lessen the Burden on the Environment With Christmas eCards – Week 3
- Who Says You Shouldn’t Regift? Spread Holiday Cheer and Bank the Savings – Week 4
- To Save Money, Buy Gift Cards With Your Leftover Gift Cards – Week 5
- Ditch the Drinks and Smokes – Your Wallet Will Thank You – Week 6
- Save Some Cash and the Environment by Abandoning Bottled Water – Week 7
- Shave Your Costs by Bulking-up Your Disposable Razor Supply – Week 8